Sophie the Giraffe

Ooh, la la.  

It all began one day while I was pregnant having coffee with a girlfriend.  She had a shower gift for me but said what she really wanted to get me was "this giraffe that's all the rave."  I'm a fan of giraffes, they're a bit gangly- albeit friendly and exotic- so I was curious.  She said the giraffe was hard for her to find because it kept selling out.  My interest was indeed piqued, but I was pregnant, so the coffee and the cookie on my plate was much more interesting to me at the time.

Taking prenatal classes at Isis Parenting does more than just teach you the subject matter at hand.  You learn about what you should have if you want to be a fabulous mom with a hip baby- which clearly I was determined to become.  During breaks, they unleash you into their boutique for you to stretch your legs, jiggle the baby in your belly off your bladder (or sciatic nerve), and have a bit of water (which will almost immediately send you to the ladies room).  During my jaunt [waddle] around this boutique I came upon Sophie the Giraffe.  She was packaged in a lovely little parisian box, and was so lovable looking even I would have liked to gnaw on her a tad.


Yet, I still wondered what the big deal was.  She was cute, and clearly a posh accessory for your newborn to tote so I was once again, interested.  Until I saw the price of about twenty-eight US dollars.  Ok, now I'm thinking that this little high priced teether is a bit much for my newborn who'd just as happily chew on her spit up cloth.  I moved on- but I admit, I did turn to look back at it.  I just knew we'd cross paths again.


Sophie knew it too.  Vienna and I were out recently with my mom shopping at both Pier One and The Paper Source, two of my favorite stores, in Coolidge Corner.  About to head home, we turned a corner last minute in the store and my mother happened upon Sophie.  She made the executive decision that Vienna and Sophie would be fast friends and we brought her home with us that day.

Sophie and Vienna were meant to be.  Via drools all over this little squeeze toy and prefers to nibble the ears and hold the legs.  The legs are easy for the Nugget to hold as they're slim for her little hands, and the ears are palatable for her to nibble because she's just getting used to chewing on anything besides her bib.  The plastic and paint are all natural and are velvety soft to the touch. 


 I'd say Sophie is a great buy for the little ones.  Vienna gives her new friend two fist pumps up.  

Comments

Popular Posts