Tabula Rasa

My favorite annual activity has once again beckoned my attention.

I get to set up next year's new weekly planner.

Moleskine's large hard cover red weekly planner with the back pocket and the elastic closure lays to my left, while this years weekly planner lays lovingly at my right.  This years planner served me well.  Lavender Gallery Leather weekly planner kept me together during this very big year.  But I shall not return to the Gallery Leather planner, nay it is the Moleskine that I will work with this time around.

I need the pocket.  I need the elastic closure.  Let's be honest, we all could use a space for our baggage and something with a little give to keep it all together.

And red is racy.  This upcoming year, 2012, is a year of new beginnings.  A fresh perspective, a new path. Pish will be one.  Nico and I will celebrate our 2nd anniversary.  I will find a space for myself professionally.  I will once again own my place and allow that place to be whatever it needs to be.  I will be present, relatively on time, and kept together.

The first stroke of ink on the crisp pristine pages of this new planner is my dedication to what lies ahead.  It will be my confirmation that I'm in and ready to go.  Let that ball drop Ryan Seacrest, this year is my year.

I have to chose the right pen so that my handwriting will look its best.  This is a very particular process and I do not take it lightly.  My penmanship vacillates between that of a chicken and that of an artist.  It can be unruly and scribbly or something you'd find in the Lucidia font family on Microsoft Word.  I hope it's a good day.

Anyways.  I'm just excited about this annual momentous task and I wanted to share it with you.

Comments

Popular Posts